Our first destination is Panic, Pennsylvania. Your throat swells. You experience chest pain. You have embarrassing dental erosion. You don't know what it is.
It's probably acid reflux. Simply put, acid reflux is a common condition in which acid in the stomach travels up into the esophagus.
This happens because the valve separating the contents of the stomach from the esophagus malfunctions.
Here is a list of places that are dangerous and that can trigger acid reflux:
1. The first place to avoid is Onion Creek, Washington. Onions can trigger acid reflux.
2. The next place to avoid is Fruitland, California. Citrus fruits can trigger acid reflux.
3. Next is Chili, New Mexico. Any kind of chili can trigger acid reflux.
4. There's no need to go to Coke, TX. Drinks with caffeine can trigger acid reflux.
5. Okay, here's a stop I know some people will find hard to avoid - Tobacco, KY. Alcoholic drinks and smoking substances can trigger acid reflux.
6. There's a spicy fiesta in Mexican Hat, Utah. Spicy foods can trigger acid reflux.
7. We should avoid McDonald, New Mexico. Fatty and fried foods can trigger acid reflux.
8. We can't stop at Egg Harbor, New Jersey. Eggs can trigger acid reflux.
9. I've heard that people aren't happy when they visit Cucumber, West Virginia. Cucumbers can trigger acid reflux.
If we would've traveled to these different places, we could've gone through Hell, Michigan.
Now, let's look at some places we can travel to:
1. It's breakfast time in Oatmeal, Texas. Plain oatmeal won't trigger acid reflux.
2. Let's stop in Toast, North Carolina. Dry toast won't trigger acid reflux.
3. For lunch, we can stop in Turkey, Kentucky. Turkey won't trigger acid reflux.
4. Let's go to refreshing Tea, South Dakota. Unsweetened tea won't trigger acid reflux.
5. For dinner, we can stop in Chicken, Alaska and Avocado, CA. Chicken and avocadoes won't trigger acid reflux.
At the end of the day, have an acid reflux-free night at our last stop in Paradise, California!
You saw the sign, Deadman's Corner, Maine, and you were interested in the symptoms of acid reflux:
- Chest pain
- Dental erosion
- Difficulty swallowing
So you're probably thinking that the only foods you can eat are bark and tasteless bran muffins. Guess what? You don't have to eat bark! Below are recipes that are anything but tasteless bark:
Banana Nut Muffins
Orange French Toast
Tropical Melon Smoothie
Chef's Salad with Parmesan Dressing
Udon Noodle Salad with Salmon
Roasted Tomato Soup with Corn
Chicken Fajitas with Roasted Red Peppers
Fettuccine with Roasted Mushrooms
Halibut with Rosemary Maple Glaze
Creamy Peach Yogurt Pops
You don't have to stop eating or only eat tasteless foods.